How can I improve my school’s current tobacco policy?
- Search for and review your school’s current policy in our database.
- Identify gaps in your school’s current policy.
- Review the policy implementation resources listed below:
- Use the above resources to set goals and create an action plan for implementing a 100% tobacco-free campus tobacco policy.
- Contact us for further assistance.
Creating an Ideal Campus Tobacco Policy
Your campus tobacco policy should be as comprehensive as possible, prohibiting the use of all tobacco and alternative tobacco products on all campus grounds or areas associated with the institution. Several types of campus tobacco policies exist, with 100% tobacco-free policies being the most comprehensive and ideal:
100% Tobacco-Free Policy
Restricts the use of any tobacco product containing tobacco or nicotine (other than Food and Drug Administration-approved cessation aids) anywhere on the campus grounds and even at of-site campus events.
Restricts the use of any tobacco product containing tobacco or nicotine (other than Food and Drug Administration-approved cessation aids). This includes, but is not limited to, the following: cigarettes, cigars, pipes, snuff, chewing tobacco, dipping tobacco, bidis, snus, dissolvable tobacco products, electronic nicotine delivery systems (i.e. e-cigarettes), and other personal vaping devices.
Restricts the use of any tobacco or other plant product intended for inhalation in any manner. It restricts cigarettes, cigars, pipes, or any other lighted or heated tobacco product.