The Texas College Tobacco Policy Database was created for groups or individuals interested in tobacco-free policy implementation on college and university campuses. This searchable database includes a description of the tobacco policies for colleges and universities in the state of Texas and provides a rating for each school’s policy.
What criteria was used to develop the policy ratings?
- Each school’s tobacco policy was reviewed and awarded points based on the following criteria:
- Smoking is prohibited in buildings on campus
- Smoking is prohibited in residence halls or dorms
- Smoking is prohibited on campus property or designated outdoor areas, including parking lots
- Use of electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) is prohibited on campus
- Use of smokeless tobacco is prohibited on campus
- Points were totaled to provide a five-point policy rating scale with more stars indicating a more comprehensive policy.